Series 600 Watertight Hatches
Related watertight hatch articles:
The Series 600 watertight hatch is designed and manufactured by Westmoor to enable access to watertight compartments in ships, boats or environments requiring marine watertight hatch solutions such as containers, offshore/marine structures and renewable energy projects (including offshore wind).
Our watertight hatch range comprises:
Type 610 Escape Hatch (Central Operation)
The Type 610 escape hatch features central operation and provides watertight protection and a safe, quick escape route from any compartment. This escape hatch offers watertight integrity against a head of water applied from either side. The progressive closing action through the turning of the hand wheel, combined with an efficient, fully adjustable clamping mechanism ensures a water resistant seal with minimum effort.
Type 620 Escape Hatch (Clip Handle)
The Type 620 escape hatch features clip handles and provides an efficient and effective means of providing watertight protection to any compartment. The Type 620 watertight escape hatch is operable from both sides via independent clip handles and can be supplied with a counterbalance arrangement to assist opening and closing.
Type 630 Access Hatch (Toggle Clamps)
The Type 630 access hatch features toggle clamps and provides an effective means of providing watertight protection to any compartment. The Type 630 watertight hatch is operable from above only via a series of toggle clamps and can be provided with a counterbalance arrangement to assist opening and closing.
Type 640 Flush Hatch
The Type 640 flush hatch provides watertight protection to any compartment whilst maintaining a flush deck. This may be required in areas where there is passenger or traffic movement. The Type 640 watertight flush hatch is operable from above via a portable key and from below by independent clip type handles.
Please click to enquire about our watertight hatches.
- Made to order to suit your exact requirements
- Watertight hatches available in steel, stainless steel and aluminium materials
- Supplied as a ‘self-contained’ unit, they can be flush with deck or mounted onto a raised coaming
- Ready for welding or bolting directly to your structure
- Available on short lead times
- Available in natural finish, primed or coated in accordance with client requirements
- Options include locking (hasp & eye for padlock, rimlock/latch), hold back facilities and flush handle operation